While I adore lemon desserts, pistachios aren’t really safe around here either. My Husband is addicted and he shells and eats them almost as soon as we buy them, so they disappear pretty quickly.
I thought this Lemon Pistachio Ice Box Pie would be a sweet surprise for a Spring dessert, but hiding the pistachios to make sure I had them for the recipe wasn’t easy. 😉 I haven’t posted an ice cream pie before and this is such an easy one to make.
Easy & delicious lemony goodness and you could also create a lot of different variations as well.
Once a month I team up with 11 bloggers for a recipe round up and this month’s theme is “Spring Treats” so there are all sorts of delicious ideas this month.
Here’s my recipe and below that make sure to check out what everyone else made this month!
Recipe: Lemon Pistachio Ice Box Pie
- 30 ritz crackers
- 1 cup shelled pistachios, divided
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 container cool whip, divided
- 1 package instant lemon pudding mix
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor, finely chop the Ritz crackers and 1/2 cup of pistachios.
- Mix the crackers, the 1/2 cup of finely chopped pistachios and the melted butter in a bowl until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a pie plate.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Allow the crust to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the the lemon pudding packet with the milk, ice cream, cool whip and lemon zest.
- Spread evenly on top of the cooled crust.
- Freeze for at least one hour.
- Top evenly with the remaining cool whip.
- Keep frozen (once frozen, cover with plastic wrap if freezing overnight).
- When serving, roughly chop the remaining 1/2 cup chopped pistachios to sprinkle on top and add a little lemon zest if desired.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s) plus cooling time
Cooking time: 8 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
12 Months, 12 Bloggers, 12 Recipes w/ 12 Ingredients Or Less
Rhubarb Pichu Berry Crumb Bars from Betsy Life
Strawberry Sorbet from Home Cooking Memories
Lemon Pistachio Ice Box Pie from A Little Claireification
Springtime Blondie Bars from The Rebel Chick
Edible Flower Bouquet from A Million Moments
Spring Candy Bark from A Night Owl Blog
Spring Snack Mix from Bless This Mess Please
Pink Chocolate Covered Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats from Mom Endeavors
Honey Pistachio Granola from Eat Your Heart Out
Fruit Salsa & Edible Butterfly Cinnamon Chips from See Vanessa Craft
Pineapple Coconut Gooey Cake from Around My Family Table
Strawberry Whip from Plugged In Family