For all of you Moms out there, I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day yesterday! I always say “Mother’s Day is EVERY day” but it’s always sweet to be pampered by the family on our special day too.
This Easy Fruit Tartlets Recipe is one to save for any special brunch or occasion or maybe you can surprise a friend or loved one on a random day “just because”.
I don’t know about you but, whether you’re a Mom or not, it’s always nice to whip up a simple but impressive looking dessert, right? We are all running too fast and hard some days and I like having a few little quick and easy desserts in my back pocket.
Ok, no. I don’t really carry them in my back pocket but maybe I should…
You know we always have last minute little (or big) things come up, right? This is such a versatile recipe using frozen puff pastry shells and the easy cream cheese filling can go up against some pastry creams I have had in the past (although if you DO have a few hours I will ALWAYS recommend my favorite lemon pastry cream because… trust me).
My Husband pretty much devoured all of these in two days – I guess he really liked them. I did get a few bites. 🙂
Every month I team up with 11 other bloggers and we each create a recipe based on a certain theme. This month? Fresh & Fruity and no better way to get ready for the Summer months ahead.
My recipe is below and take a look at the rest of the fantastic recipes this month. Enjoy and have a great week!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mini Jars from Mom Endeavors
- Mixed Berry Panna Cotta from BetsyLife
- Simple Strawberry Tart from The Rebel Chick
- Minty Strawberry-Lime Icebox Pie from Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Fresh Fruit Tartlets from A Little Claireification
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles from A Night Owl Blog
- Healthy Tropical Fruit Smoothie from Bless This Mess Please
- Easy Apple Tarts from Million Moments
- Classic Strawberry Shortcake from Eat Your Heart Out
- Lemon Sorbet from See Vanessa Craft
- Triple Berry Granitas from Around My Family Table
- Blueberry Slush from Plugged In Family
- 6 Frozen Puff Pastry Shells
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Kiwi fruit, sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Bake the puff pastry shells according to package directions and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Evenly divide the filling into the 6 cooled pastry shells.
- Cut the kiwi into 1/4 inch slices, then cut the slices into halves.
- Top the filled pastry shells with kiwi, blueberries & raspberries.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.
- Total time includes cooling time for pastry shells.