Along with countless other herbs and veggies, we are growing tomatoes again this year and, after last years harvest, I want to make sure we have a lot of easy Summer recipes ready to go.
We have so many fun memories from planting our patio garden each year and just hanging out around the pool together – I’m so glad Summer is here again.
These little Italian Caprese Tea Sandwiches paired with some fruit topped rice pudding are perfect for any Summer party. I always love easy going gatherings with not too much fuss so we can just enjoy our time with family and friends.
You can prepare the little sandwiches quickly. I used a round pastry cutter to make the bread rounds. Spread with a little garlic mayo and then I topped it off with tomato, buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil and drizzled with a little olive oil.
Perfecto! And delicious too.
For dessert, we like to keep it simple by serving our favorite Kozy Shack® rice pudding with various fruit for topping and that way people can serve themselves. I love that they have the large 22 oz. containers which makes serving a breeze.
Just set up a little topping bar with whichever fresh fruits you prefer and dessert is served. We are big pudding fans over here, especially my three boys, so it goes without saying that there are never any leftovers. It’s pudding made right!
While it is great straight out of the fridge, adding our favorite fruit makes it a little extra special for sure.
Littlest would be in every photograph if I let him – crazy pool hair and all. He spied the pudding with fruit and immediately said “get your camera, Mom”. Ha! But he’s the best taste tester around and he loves his rice pudding! #puddinglove
And as far as I’m concerned he can have this for dessert every day. Not only is Kozy Shack® America’s number one rice pudding, but it is also made with real ingredients: low-fat milk, rice, sugar, eggs, salt and natural flavors. Nothing more. No artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils and it is also gluten free.
You can get more “pudding made right” inspiration by visiting the Kozy Shack® Facebook page or following along on Twitter. So make yourself these delicious little tea sandwiches and grab some pudding because Summer is almost here!
Many thanks to Kozy Shack® for sponsoring today’s discussion and for making our Summer parties easier and sweeter.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 slices of sandwich bread
- two small tomatoes, sliced
- 8 small round or square slices of buffalo mozzarella
- 8 basil leaves
- olive oil for drizzling
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic, cumin, chili powder and a little salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Using a small round pastry or cookie cutter, cut two rounds from each slice of bread.
- Spread each round with a thin "schmear" of the garlic mayonnaise.
- Top 8 of the bread rounds with a slice of tomato, a slice of mozzarella and a basil leave.
- Place the remaining bread rounds on top to create 8 tea sandwiches.
- Once arranged on a serving platter, and ready to serve, drizzle the sandwiches with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.