It’s cookout time!! Not many things beat the smell of the grill cooking up savory (and sometimes sweet) food and the sight of delicious dishes lining a picnic table. It’s like everyone is waiting to hear “Lunch is served!”.
This month our “12 Bloggers, 12 Recipes” group is serving it up “cookout style” with 4th Of July Inspired recipes that are sure to make your mouth water and your taste buds tingle. I brought our delicious Grilled Corn With Honey Mustard Butter.
I love that little combo of sweet and savory and this is a perfect balance. And, well… butter. It’s a cookout. Live a little.
There is a trick to making perfect grilled corn and that is soaking the corn in the husks in some sugar water. The Husband likes to soak it overnight in a big stock pot – definitely optimal – but a few hours will do in a pinch.
We like to pair this all Summer long with the “Best BBQ Pork Ribs in the South”. That easy recipe is coming soon. Hopefully when it’s not storming as I try to take pictures.
For now, this easy grilled corn recipe is below and don’t miss the rest of these amazing 4th of July Inspired recipes while you’re at it.
You can see all of these delicious recipes here:
- Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade from Mom Endeavors
- Homemade BBQ Sauce from BetsyLife
- Apricot Crumble In A Jar from The Rebel Chick
- 4th Of July Marshmallow Pinwheels from Home Cooking Memories
- Grilled Corn With Honey Mustard Butter from A Little Claireification
- Grilled Pineapple & Watermelon Fruit Kabobs from A Night Owl Blog
- Strawberry Rhubarb Lemonade from Bless This Mess Please
- Veggie BBQ Sliders with Slaw from Million Moments
- Deep Dish Crumb Topped Apple Pie from Eat Your Heart Out
- Mac & Cheese Cups from See Vanessa Craft
- Popsicle Rockets from Around My Family Table
- Caesar Burgers from Plugged In Family
- 8-10 Ears Corn In Husks
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Fill a large sauce pot 3/4 full with water (we use an 8 qt. pot)
- Add the sugar to the water and dissolve, stirring to combine.
- Peel back, but do not remove, the husks from the corn.
- Remove as much of the corn silk as possible.
- Slide the husks back up over the corn.
- Soak the corn in the sugar water for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- While the corn is soaking, mix together the butter, mustard, honey, salt & pepper.
- The Honey Mustard Butter can be covered and refrigerated for several days if needed - just be sure to allow to soften before serving..
- When ready to grill, place the corn (still in husks) on a grate on a medium-hot covered grill for 9 - 10 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn the corn and grill for another 9 - 10 minutes and remove to a serving platter.
- Serve with the Honey Mustard Butter for spreading.