I would be sitting here asking where the Summer went if I wasn’t already wondering where the last 20 years went. I hear it doesn’t slow down, either. Not cool, Father time. Not cool. Next you’ll tell me it’s New Year’s Eve. Stop. Doing. That.
I have been on a recent quest to come up with new and creative school lunch and after school snack ideas and today we are making some Easy Pita Nachos. It truly doesn’t get much easier than this.
We have seven days until school starts and I can’t believe I will have boys in both 2nd and 5th grade, not to mention a sophomore in college. Wait, what?? Holy cow.
One thing that has remained a constant over the years, however, is that boys love to eat and they always seem to be hungry. Probably true for all kids but I happen to be the Commander In Chief of all boys (AKA “Cat Herder, Extraordinaire”).
These are so ridiculously easy to make and they are delicious.
If your kids (or you) don’t like tomatoes or scallions, change it up or just add cheese. Completely customizable.
On the 12th of every month – hey that’s today – 12 Bloggers get together to post on a certain food related theme so this month is “Back To School”, of course.
My Easy Pita Nachos recipe is below and take a look at what the other gals brought to the party for more great Back To School snack inspiration as well.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus from Stephie Cooks
- Pizza & Buffalo Wing Bites from BetsyLife
- Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops from Home Cooking Memories
- Pita Nachos from A Little Claireification
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Muffins from The Rebel Chick
- Easy Cinnamon Fruit Cup from Million Moments
- Loaded Pizza Pinwheels from A Night Owl Blog
- How to Pop Popcorn in a Brown Paper Bag in the Microwave from Bless This Mess Please
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Bites from Mom Endeavors
- Green Smoothie from See Vanessa Craft
- No-Bake Almond Protein Bites from Around My Family Table
- Banana Roll Ups from Plugged In Family
Enjoy! In the meanwhile, I’ll just be in the corner having a one sided conversation with Father Time trying to negotiate that things just slow down a little bit. Wish me luck.
- 1 Whole Wheat Pita Round
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or cheese of choice
- 1/4 cup salsa (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp chopped scallions (optional)
- Preheat the oven to BROIL.
- Split the pita into two rounds.
- Place the pita rounds on a baking sheet and broil until just golden.
- Remove from the oven and top the rounds with the cheese, salsa and scallions.
- Serve warm or allow to cool and pack in an airtight container for lunch!