You know that time when you finally meet someone you just LOVE in person and then they present you with a jar of homemade hot fudge sauce?? Yeah. I knew right then we might be lifelong friends.
And that is just what happened in this case. Because… chocolate.
Well, and the fact that she’s amazing. Without further ado, please welcome our monthly recipe contributor – the beautiful and extremely talented Gloria!
Hello Everyone! I’m Gloria and I blog over at Simply Gloria. I am so ecstatic to be hanging out with you over here with my sweet and funny friend, Claire. A few months back, I had the pleasure and was so lucky to meet up with her in person.
I could have spoken with Claire f.o.r.e.v.e.r! She is such an amazing and beautiful woman, inside and out!
How about we start this weekend off with some chocolate!
These Chocolate Banana Cookies will melt in your mouth and lift you to the moon… they are THAT good! If you are like me, you may have a few over ripened bananas sitting off in the corner of your kitchen. Am I right?
I always have black bananas on hand… mainly because I only like bananas as an ingredient in sweet baked goods.
Which brings me to how these moist cookies came about…
I pondered on those over ripened bananas and created these very soft and decadent chocolate cookies.
There are a few ingredients that played a big part in making these cookies super moist. The over ripened bananas, of course – the blacker the bananas, the better.
Bananas give these cookies the softest texture. As well as the Greek vanilla yogurt I added. I also added softened cream cheese with (real) butter and creaming it with granulated sugar.
One tip I suggest is to whisk your dry ingredients together in a separate bowl then incorporate it to the wet mixture. That way, the baking cocoa and the flour are clump free. Once you see the dry ingredients disappear in with the wet you are done mixing it together.
After you gently stir in the chocolate chips, refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2 hours. By doing this, it relaxes the gluten and allows the cookie dough to do it’s thing!
I know the chilling time requires a little planning ahead… but these Chocolate Banana Cookies are so worth waiting for!
See you next time with another delicious recipe!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large over ripened bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar.
- Puree the bananas, yogurt, egg, and vanilla in a food processor or blender.
- Pour banana mixture into the butter and sugar mixture and stir until all combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Chill cookie dough for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place parchment paper or silicon mat onto your baking sheet and place the cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart from each other. (Use a medium cookie scoop or two spoons.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. They will finish setting up to put onto a cooling rack.