Halloween is behind us and that means it’s time to talk about some awesome little treats for Thanksgiving. Move over, pumpkin pie. I love making all sorts of sweet holiday truffles and these Pumpkin Spice OREO Cookie Balls are deeelicious.
Almost everyone loves OREOs and when you pair them with a little Fall infused flavor, you can’t go wrong. Don’t be surprised if a plate of these starts disappearing well before the big feast.
Bite sized treats are always handy, especially for those in the “eat dessert first” mindset. While they may not cut into the pie until after dinner, these are a little hard to resist.
I love easy little desserts and these only have five ingredients, including the optional sprinkles. I used some chocolate coated sunflower seeds for mine.
Another great thing about this OREO cookie ball recipe is that it is totally customizable. You could easily make a peppermint version for the holidays. For now, Pumpkin Spice seems so fitting.
You can whip up a quick batch of these and you can freeze them in an airtight container until the “big day”.
My son said some of them look like “turkey faces”. Er… yes, I planned that. ::winkwink:: Either way it’s “gobble gobble” time and I hope you enjoy them!
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 16 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- MIX cream cheese, cookie crumbs and pumpkin pie spice until blended.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls.
- FREEZE 10 min.
- DIP balls in melted chocolate, adding sprinkles if desired, and place in a single layer on a shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.