Looking for some delicious Thanksgiving Side Dishes? Getting ready for the “big feast” doesn’t have to be so hard. These Balsamic Haricots Verts (Green Beans) with Pancetta are just one of TWELVE fabulous dishes I am sharing with you today!
We make these every single Thanksgiving to the point where I have no idea where the actual recipe is anymore. I was positive it was an Ina Garten recipe but Mr. Claire and I started second guessing that when the search through her cookbooks and online didn’t find it tied to her anywhere (you’re still my favorite Ina!!).
Needless to say there are loads of similar recipes – some using bacon, some with no meat – all over the place and they are all the same basic principle using fresh Haricots Verts, which is French for green beans by the way. Merci.
Tossing the fresh green beans in the drippings of the pancetta with a little garlic and balsamic vinegar creates a heavenly but fresh taste that makes you feel pretty good about eating your veggies.
The crispy pancetta doesn’t hurt either. 😉
Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away so if you are hosting the “big feast” (or even just taking a side dish along for the ride) I’ve got you covered with this awesome line up under the recipe below. Enjoy!
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds haricots verts or green beans, trimmed
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar (plus more for drizzling)
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the haricots verts and cook until slightly tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain, then plunge the haricots verts into a large bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking (this process is called "shocking").
- Drain again, and transfer to paper towels and pat dry.
- Cook the pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove to paper towels using a slotted spoon.
- Add the garlic to the pancetta drippings in the skillet and cook, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Do not brown.
- Add the haricots verts back to the to the skillet along with the balsamic vinegar and cook, stirring, until evenly coated, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pancetta and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with a little more Balsamic vinegar is desired.
- Serve warm.
- Roasted Kabocha Squash with Balsamic and Feta from Betsylife
- Bacon-Parmesan Spaghetti Squash from Home Cooking Memories
- Balsamic Green Beans with Pancettafrom A Little Claireification
- Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan from The Rebel Chick
- Cheesy Garlic & Herb Pull Apart Bread from Million Moments
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole from A Night Owl Blog
- Garlic Knots from Bless This Mess Please
- Bacon Cranberry Almond Green Beans from Mom Endeavors
- Twice Baked Potatoes from Pink Cake Plate
- Glazed Sweet Potato Fingerlings from See Vanessa Craft
- Herbed Sweet Potato Biscuit Recipe from Around My Family Table
- Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Pineapple from East Valley Mom Guide
You May Also Enjoy: