Is anyone ready for some game day fun? Don’t tell anyone but I have to admit I love game day snacks a little – ok a lot – more than I like the actual football part but, hey. It’s always fun to get together with friends and I can’t just showing up empty handed, right?
Everyone has their thing and football is just not high on my list BUT… a party is a party and a game day party means catching up with some folks we may only see once or twice a year so I consider that to be a bonus. Add in some awesome food? I’m there.
I love quick and easy recipes and these Roast Beef and Cheddar Mini Pot Pies are so simple to make and you only need five ingredients.
I have always loved pot pie, you guys. When my husband and I were in the UK for our honeymoon many years ago I had several varieties of meat pies in delicious puff pastry and have sought them out at local pubs whenever possible.
I love that you can add your favorite fillings and think outside of the “pastry” to create unique varieties of fillings.
Since a melty roast beef and cheddar sandwich is one of my all time favorites, I thought that might make a delicious filling for these and that it certainly did.
Using canned refrigerator biscuits makes these so easy to put together so they make a quick lunch or dinner for busy days and they are also a great way appease a hungry game day crowd!
This recipe makes eight biscuits, but it’s simple enough to double or triple depending on the size of the crowd and how many other things are being served. Also, depending on your tastes and how well you know your “fans”, you could throw in a little diced onion if you’d like.
So no matter which team you may (or may not be) rooting for, the recipe is below and I hope you enjoy them!
You may also enjoy these easy recipes:
- 8 oz thinly sliced cooked roast beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 can (16.3 oz) refrigerated biscuits
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease or spray 8 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix roast beef, cheese, soup, and mustard until well combined.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Press each biscuit out to form 5 1/2-inch round.
- Place 1/3 cup meat mixture in center of each round.
- Carefully pull the sides up and around filling, and place into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes; remove from pan and serve.
- Makes 8 so you can serve 2 each for a meal or make a double batch for game day!