I don’t know about you but I am really happy it’s Friday! January has been a crazy busy month so far and I am ready for the weekend and looking forward to enjoying a little fun time with my boys.
I didn’t really have much time to write or make anything this past week but these Strawberry Chocolate Cake Cookies are so simple I was able to fit them in.
Aside from Valentine’s Day, I personally think the combination of strawberries and chocolate is such a delicious pairing at any time of the year. You have to admit, there IS something a little romantic about chocolate dipped strawberries, right??
Since my Lemon Blackberry Cake Cookies were so easy to make, I thought it would be fun to create a little Valentine’s inspired version with that classic chocolate strawberry combination.
I am happy to report that Mr. Claire and the boys loved them. So much, in fact, that half of them were gone before I was even able to take pictures. I guess that’s a good sign. The love, and all.
As long as the boys, at ages 8 and 10, understand that Mama isn’t ready to hear about any romantic inclinations on their part just yet.
Get back to me when you’re 21. No, wait… make it 30.
These would be perfect to package up in little cellophane bags as Valentine’s treats for the office or to send in with your kids to school.
As for myself, I think I might just hide a couple to enjoy later this eve with a hot cup of tea and my Stress Away Bath Scrub. 😉 I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
- 1 Box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Hershey's Chocolate Kisses (approx 24, any variety)
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Have an ungreased cookie sheet ready to go.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter and egg and mix until combined.
- Using your hands, roll out golf ball sized rounds of the cake batter mixture.
- Place 1" apart on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle all with a little sugar.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Make sure your chocolate kisses are unwrapped and ready to go.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and gently press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookies.
- Allow to continue baking on the cookie sheet for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the cookies to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 4 weeks once completely cooled.