“I made this delicious meal with Campbell’s® Sauces as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #CampbellsSauces
Sometimes I look back on things I couldn’t stand to eat when I was little and it always amazes me how much our palettes can change over the years.
For instance, I never liked lima beans, yellow squash or cooked carrots. Raw carrots were fine but cooked? Blech.
I’ve grown since then and we try to explain this to our boys but sometimes they just don’t want to hear it. As they have gotten older, however, they are more willing to try new things and I am living proof that there is hope.
While lima beans and I are still really not friends, I now love yellow squash and there is NOTHING not to love about these Creamy Butter Braised Carrots – one of my favorite Julia Child side dishes ever.
They are just perfect served up with this delicious slow cooker tavern style pot roast.
I have been all about the comfort food lately. Soups and stews and easy slow cooker meals. My favorite thing. Well, you know. Aside from cheese, of course.
I actually made this meal just before Christmas and it was so easy and stress free that we’ve since made it again as a quick weeknight meal. I love having an easy dinner ready to go in 30 minutes or less when we walk in the door and it also gives me more time with the family.
With less than 5 minutes prep, this Tavern Style Pot Roast Campbell’s® Slow Cooker Sauce is a lifesaver when it comes to a quick and easy meal.
Once our beef roast was in the slow cooker I didn’t even have to think about it. I simply made the carrots right before dinner and whipped up some quick instant mashed potatoes and we were all set.
I also love that the sauce needed no adding seasoning. We added in a couple of tbsp of minced garlic because we love it but it is completely optional as the sauce is really well seasoned.
We are trying the Shredded Beef Taco Campbell’s® Slow Cooker Sauce next so you can be sure I will report back with another easy recipe next month.
In the meanwhile, what is your favorite go-to slow cooker meal?
- One 2 - 2.5 lb Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 packet Campbell’s® Slow Cooker Sauce - Tavern Style Pot Roast variety
- 1 1/2 lbs baby carrots (about 5 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tbsp plus 2 TB butter
- 1/2 tsp salt pinch of pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp minced parsley (can also add minced chives)
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once hot, put your beef roast into the pan and allow to cook for about 60 seconds on each side to sear.
- Place the roast in your slow cooker and top with the Tavern Style slow cooker sauce.
- Cook on LOW heat for 7-8 hours until the meat is tender and cooked through.
- About 45 minutes before serving, combine carrots, sugar, water, 1 1/2 tbsp butter, and salt in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Cover and boil slowly for 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender and most of the water has evaporated.
- At this point the carrots can be served as they are - butter braised with no cream if desired.
- In a small sauce pan, bring the cream to a boil - watch closely as it can overflow fast!
- Pour just enough cream to cover over the carrots.
- Boil slowly, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the cream has been almost entirely absorbed by the carrots.
- Taste and correct seasoning.
- Just before serving and off the heat, gently toss the last 2 tbsp butter and the herbs into the carrots.
- Serve warm with the sliced pot roast.
- If you prefer not to use the cream, you can serve the carrots after the initial steps and the first 30 minute cooking portion. Simply add the 2 tbsp butter to the cooked carrots and toss in the fresh herbs.