I made these Shrimp Tostadas with Campbell’s® Sauces as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #CampbellsSauces
A few years back Mr. Claire & I found a local Mexican restaurant that we LOVED. The food was amazing. The owners and staff were fantastic. We were so excited. Finally a great Mexican place close by!
We stopped in or ordered take out every couple of weeks.
Then, they decided to expand so they closed their doors for a bit and sadly… they never re-opened. We were really bummed about it. Still are and, to this day, I still search them online from time to time in case they ever re-open somewhere else in town.
That might make me a Mexican food stalker and I’m OK with that.
Seriously, it’s always frustrating to find a place you really love only to have the business close their doors. They had so many menu items we enjoyed and one of our favorite things were their crispy Shrimp Tostadas.
When I saw the Campbell’s® Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Taco Sauce my wheels started turning. What if…?
Instead of adding beef, I went out on a limb and used it to try and recreate these Shrimp Tostadas. I know. When you hear “slow cooker” you think things might be cooking all day. While that could be the case with shredded beef, shrimp only need about 10 minutes to cook in a hot slow cooker and they are PERFECT so this recipe does not take that long at all.
Once the sauce and tomatoes were added to the slow cooker and heated through, I added the shrimp. While that was cooking I baked the tortillas to crispy and golden brown in the oven.
Aside from the optional toppings, there are only FOUR ingredients to achieve Shrimp Tostada perfection. Small flour tortillas, Shrimp, a can of diced tomatoes and the packet of Campbell’s® Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Taco Sauce.
That’s pretty much it – topping the tortillas with a little shrimp and added items of your choice like shredded lettuce, a little shredded cheese, sour cream or cilantro makes for a fresh, crispy appetizer or meal.
While I am still missing our favorite Mexican place, these certainly hit the spot.
Definitely goes to show that you can “think outside of the package” – the possibilities are endless – so grab some Campbell’s® Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Taco Sauce and invent your own delicious dinner!
- 1 package Campbell’s® Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Taco Sauce
- 1 10oz can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Chopped Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Turn your slow cooker on HOT.
- To the slow cooker, add the Campbell’s® Slow Cooker Sauce & the can of diced tomatoes, including the liquid.
- Once very hot, about 20 minutes or so, add the shrimp, stirring to coat.
- Cover and cook for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Place 4 tortillas on the baking sheet and brush lightly with a little olive or vegetable oil.
- Turn the tortillas over and brush the other side.
- Place into the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the tortillas over and bake for another 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Tortillas will puff up so, when turning, you can slightly puncture any large air pockets so they will bake flat.
- Turn the slow cooker off and allow the tortillas to cool for a few minutes. Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas.
- Top each tortilla with a little lettuce, if desired, then 4 shrimp and a few spoonfuls of the tomatoes from the slow cooker.
- Add additional toppings as desired.
- Serve immediately.
- If preparing the tortillas in advance, keep in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days once completely cooled.
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well.