Hello everyone! Gloria here from Simply Gloria, sharing a simple and delicious dinner recipe the whole family will love.
An easy baked cheesy pasta dish with tangy red sauce and creamy Parmesan white sauce. It’s the best of both sauce worlds all in one dish!
When you can’t decide between using red or white sauce over your favorite pasta, here is a recipe where you can enjoy BOTH sauces!
A quick homemade white sauce with cream, Parmesan and seasonings is the secret to the creaminess in this Cheesy Baked Pasta with Red and White Sauce.
Preparing this simple pasta dish for under an hour is a breeze!
Smear half of the homemade creamy white sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. It’s like a Parmesan saucy heaven!
Mix together cooked pasta with a marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce with meat in a separate bowl and layer on top of the cream sauce.
You would only need to cook your pasta until it is al dente. The pasta will finish cooking in the oven with all the deliciousness surrounding it!
Fresh mozzarella oozing in between every crevice of this pasta action, is by far, simply delightful.
Spoon the rest of the cream sauce over all of this greatness that is about to blow your mind.
Pop into a warm oven and let the seasonings and textures all melt into each other.
Now, it’s time to dive in!
With all of this melty cheese and two amazing sauces together, you may need a couple of bread sticks to help you sop up every last drop!
Oh, I think you may need just one more spoonful of creamy, cheesy pasta deliciousness.
- 10 ounces uncooked pasta
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella,
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan
- Prepare pasta as directed on the package.
- The quick white cream sauce is great to start while the pasta is cooking. To make the quick white cream sauce, set a heavy duty sauce pan on medium heat, put in butter and cream cheese. Pour in heavy cream and sprinkle in the seasonings. Whisk together until cream cheese has melted and all combined. Stir in Parmesan and milk as the sauce begins to thicken. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the marinara and drained pasta together in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In an 8 inch by 8 inch baking dish (I used a round 9 inch pie dish), spread half of the white sauce on the bottom.
- Lay all of the marinara covered pasta on the white sauce.
- Put mozzarella on top of the pasta.
- Spoon the rest of the white cream sauce on top. Bake for 20-25 or until cheese has melted.
- Serves 4-6