Neither one of us is from Philly but we definitely love a good cheesesteak around here. These Philly Cheesesteak Wonton Cups were inspired by our love of our favorite sandwich.
Any of our Philly friends definitely have strong opinions on which cheesesteak is the best and most people have heard of the ongoing battle of the cheesesteaks in South Philly.
Needless to say they probably would say this post is blasphemy because we are going wayyy untraditional today with a delicious and easy dinner recipe from Hamburger Helper (and I’m also going to tell you how to get some free beef too). 😉
First of all, you know how easy Hamburger Helper is. It’s been around forever and I am surprised how many varieties there are these days – they even have Tuna and Chicken Helper – and of course we had to try the Philly Cheesesteak variety.
Gotta love that one pan prep!!
It’s definitely a fun take on one of our favorites and then I thought it might also make for a delicious little party appetizer or easy snack as well. Even better? You only need a few ingredients to make these.
We love topping ours with a little extra cheese, the crispy fried onions that are included in the package and a little green onions.
Talk about an easy appetizer and here’s the best part…
Right now you can get FREE beef!
When you buy three boxes of Hamburger Helper (or the Chicken or Tuna varieties) you get a rebate on 1lb. of free ground beef. I personally love free.
Hope you enjoy these little Philly Cheesesteak Wonton Cups – the recipe is below – and don’t miss out on the #freebeef deal while it lasts!
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package Hamburger Helper Philly Cheesesteak variety
- 1&1/2 cups hot water (as per package directions)
- 1&1/4 milk (as per package directions)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375*
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and prepare the Philly Cheesesteak Hamburger Helper according to package directions.
- In the meanwhile, spray a 24 cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place a wonton wrapper into each tin.
- Once the Hamburger Helper is ready and the liquid has been absorbed by the pasta, place a spoonful or so of the mixture into each wonton cup.
- You want the cups to be full but not overflowing.
- Bake for 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Return to the oven for 3 - 4 more minutes or so until the cheese is melted and the wonton edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top each wonton cup with a little crispy onion (included in the Philly Cheesesteak package) and a little scallion if desired.
- These should be served warm out of the oven. To prep ahead, prepare the Philly Cheesesteak mixture and refrigerate in an airtight container overnight if needed. Microwave until warmed through, adding an extra splash of milk to reconstitute if needed.