Wow, what a fun week it’s been over here with our fun “Summer In Jars” series!! Summer is a blast but sometimes being in the great outdoors can be a bit of a… “pest” if you know what I mean so I had to wrap up this week with these DIY Summer Mason Jar Luminaries.
Since I love (love, love) my essential oils instead of using toxic candles or chemicals, I could not resist these easy luminaries.
Aren’t they so beautiful too? Function AND form.
I got the idea to add the fresh rosemary and citrus from Kellie at Nest Of Posies. Have you seen her blog?? Sooo many amazing ideas up in there!
Let’s whip these up, shall we?
Supplies You Need:
- 4 Mason Jars (you can also recycle jelly jars, etc)
- 40 drops each – Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon and Thieves essential oils (or use your own combination of oils but these are known to be good for outside). This equals TEN drops of each oil / jar.
- 2 fresh lemons
- 2 fresh limes
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Floating tea light candles
To Assemble these are just so easy. I lined up my 4 mason jars and here’s what you do:
- Slice the lemons and the limes and set aside for a moment – I like to have two each just in case but you can possibly use one each
- Place two sprigs of rosemary into each jar
- Fill each jar 3/4 full with water
- Add the essential oils of your choice – 10 drops each per jar – and swirl slightly
- Place a slice each of lemon and lime into each jar
- Add more water if needed to raise the level to almost full
- Place a floating tea light candle on top
- Set outside, light and make some magic once you light them*
- Replace tea lights as needed – I recommend having some extras on hand!
- Discard fruit and liquid in jar after 2 – 3 days depending on your climate; rinse jars and start fresh as needed
*Never leave candles unattended or in reach of small children; Make sure the mixture in jars is not ingested.
So how pretty and easy are those? Perfect for an outside gathering or party, right?
Here’s to a beautiful summer ahead with many fun gatherings and wonderful memories.
You may also like:
Thanks SO much for joining us this past week for this fun series. Be sure to check out the other ladies’ posts today as well!
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well.