This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Excelsior Wines. All opinions are 100% mine.
There are certain songs that immediately take me back to when I was little. You know the ones… “Song Sung Blue”, “You Light Up My Life”, “I Got You Babe” and… wait a minute.
I may be dating myself. ::le sigh::
Ohhh it is what it is, right? Another one of those songs is “Una Paloma Blanca”. Now I was only five or so (!!) when this was topping the charts but I certainly remember it.
When I saw this fun Paloma Blanca summer wine cocktail recipe I knew I had to try it and I have to say it is perfect for summer entertaining.
We like to keep things simple when we entertain during the summer so we make sure to choose food and beverages that don’t require a lot of fuss yet are delicious and certainly make our guests feel like we’ve made an effort.
If you’re hosting a summer gathering and want to give your adult guests more beverage options without breaking the bank, you definitely want to have a couple good house wines on hand.
I love mixing up new cocktail recipes and this Paloma Blanca wine cocktail with Frontera Sauvignon Blanc is so easy to make and it serves up beautifully. This video should get you inspired:
I love that all of the ingredients are accessible – nothing hard to find here. Tangy pink grapefruit paired with delicious, crisp wine, a little fresh lime juice and soda water is so refreshing for summer.
The salt on the rim is such a fun touch and I used a little bit of simple syrup just to cut the tartness.
- (Serves 1 - I made 8 servings to fill a carafe)
- 3 oz. Frontera Sauvignon Blanc
- Juice of 1/2 Grapefruit
- 1 tbsp Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Sparkling (soda) Water
- Salt for rimming glass (optional)
- Lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Rim serving glass with salt (optional) by dipping just the rim into simple syrup and then salt.
- Mix wine, simple syrup, grapefruit juice and lime juice in a shaker or glass with ice.
- Pour into serving glass and top with sparkling water to finish.
- Garnish with a lime and serve with a straw if desired.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup hot water and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add a few ice cubes to cool down if using immediately.
So be sure to think outside the box (or beer cooler) and try one of these delightful Frontera Cocktail Recipes the next time you have some friends over.
There is a recipe to suit everyone’s taste – I think I’ll try the Carmenere Strawberry Swim next. Which one is your favorite?
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well.