Well hello, my friends! It’s me, Gloria from Simply Gloria and I’m back to share with you little bites of sweetness!
Tiny sweet coconut balls dipped in decadent dark chocolate.
I have always been a teeny weensy bit obsessed with coconut.
Let’s face it, when you’re a huge fan of coconut, you simply can’t resist. Especially when coconut is in creamy homemade ice cream, easy no-bake fudge, cake batter cookies and toasted coconut sprinkled on top of a dirty soda float. Coconut is just irresistible!
Which brings me to these little bites of coconut…
Dipped Chocolate Coconut Balls are made up of a coconut mixture with brown sugar, melted butter and cream.
Then each ball of coconut is dipped (or drenched) in melted dark chocolate. You could even add your favorite nuts to the coconut mixture!
I promise, you won’t be able to stop at only one little coconut bite!
Enjoy and see you back here next time with another easy and delicious recipe!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- In a medium sauce pan on medium high heat, combine all ingredients, except the chocolate.
- Stir continuously while it boils for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and scoop the coconut mixture into bite-size pieces (or bigger) and place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
- Put into the freezer until firm - about 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl until melted or melt chocolate with a double boiler method on the stove top.
- Dip the firm coconut balls into the melted chocolate and place back onto the wax paper.
- Now they are ready to serve any time!
- Store at room temperature or in refrigerator.
- Makes about 18 bite-size coconut balls.
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well.