Hello there, ALC readers! It’s Gloria from Simply Gloria again with an easy no-bake recipe that your whole family will devour! For this month’s treat, I went the no-bake route for your sweet tooth.
An egg free peanut butter cookie dough, blanketed with melted chocolate and more peanut butter. Bits of toffee candy bar is sprinkled on top to finish off these ready-to-eat delicious bars!
The best part about these Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars is that this cookie dough is made for eating and no baking is involved! With it being egg free and all, you can enjoy these bars right away. Which is perfect for that impatient moment of needing something to satisfy the sweet tooth.
This season is the perfect time to break out the no-bake dessert awesomeness. Especially when it’s super easy!
And, did you notice the creamy peanut buttery chocolate topping with the crunchy bits of toffee? It’s all so delicious!
You are going to love every last bite!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter + 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 toffee candy bars, chopped, divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I love to use dark chocolate)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter, 1 cup peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Slowly stir in the flour until you no longer see flour.
- Add 1 chopped toffee candy bar and peanut butter chips.
- Put the cookie dough mixture evenly in a parchment paper covered 8 inch by 8 inch baking dish.
- Set aside or place in the refrigerator while you make the topping.
- To make the topping, melt chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter together until combined.
- Spread on top of the peanut butter cookie dough.
- Sprinkle the other chopped toffee candy bar on top of the peanut butter and chocolate mixture. Chill for 2 hours.
- Lift out of pan and cut into bite size squares.
- May store at room temperature, covered, for up to 3 days.