Hi everyone! I know I have been a little tied up over here and excited to dive into a fun week of “Halloween In Jars” starting with these really fun (and delicious) Creamsicle Ghost Floats!
I’ve been working like a crazy woman and was so glad to have a little time this past weekend to hang out with my guys and put up some fall decorations. I saw this fun idea on the Michael’s ideas page.
Littlest wanted to put up the Halloween decor as well and I let him know we usually so that around October 1st BUT… he was happy to be able to help me with this one.
I added a little decorative washi tape to each jar. It’s super easy to remove when the party is over.
These little “ghost floats” are made even more fun with the addition of a little dry ice for a smoky effect. Remember, only adults should handle dry ice and make sure to use tongs or gloves!
That’s what happened when we accidentally added too much dry ice. Oops! If you use it, you only need a little piece in these to react with the orange soda.
- Orange soda
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 straws
- 4 marshmallow ghosts (Peeps)
- 4 small pieces of dry ice (optional - about 1/2 an ice cube)
- Fill each mason jar about 3/4 full with orange soda.
- Add one scoop of vanilla ice cream to each jar.
- Insert a straw into each marshmallow ghost from the bottom, about 1 inch.
- Add the "ghost straws" to each jar.
- If desired, add a very small piece of dry ice to each (use tongs or gloves) and make sure it gets down into the soda for a smoky (not-so-spooky) reaction!
I hope you will join us all week long for this fun Halloween In Jars series with a few of my favorite bloggers!
Be sure to pop over to see what everyone else made for day #1!
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well.