Usually by mid October I have already completely over-dosed on all things pumpkin. I would have already had my fair share of pumpkin spice lattes and made pumpkin desserts like crazy but this year.. is different. I did finally break down over the weekend and made these delicious Mini Pumpkin Pie Spice Tarts.
I had decided to wait as long as I possibly could to get my pumpkin fix so I could really enjoy it all the way through Christmas and I think making it until now shows that I’m growing as a person.
And the fact that they MAY already be completely gone DEFINITELY means I’m “growing”. Just maybe not in a good way. 😉
They are sooo good, though! I make pumpkin tarts every year (usually starting in September, of course) and this year I changed things up by making these minis and I added a new “secret” ingredient instead of the heavy cream.
Don’t tell anyone but I used my favorite International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer. A complete game changer. These are just about the easiest things to make, too. All you need is a blender!
I have a fabulous recipe for tart dough but for these I just used a refrigerated roll out pie crust. We’re keeping these simple, right?
Roll out the dough, blend the filling ingredients, pour and bake.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer
- Preheat the oven to 425*
- With a lightly greased mini muffin pan standing by, roll out the pie crust until it is about 1/4" thick.
- Using a round cookie or pastry cutter, cut circles and press them into the muffin tin.
- Since there will be scraps, re-roll the dough to use all of the extras - mine made 22 mini tarts.
- Place the tarts in the refrigerator to chill for about 10 minutes.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the pie filling into each tart crust about 3/4 full - you will likely have extra filling. Make a smoothie. 😉
- Bake at 425* for 8 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350* and bake for 8-10 minutes longer until tarts are slightly browned and filling is set.
- Garnish with a little whipped topping if desired.
These are a PERFECT little fall treat to have with your morning coffee. Make mine a Pumpkin Pie Spice latte, please.
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well.
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.