Well, it is almost time for my favorite meal of the year – Thanksgiving dinner! While we could certainly have turkey and all the “fixins” any old time of the year it’s just not the same, now is it?
These delicious Thanksgiving Leftover Crescent Roll-Ups are a perfect way to enjoy the holiday meal all over again the next day. Doesn’t everything taste fantastic in a crescent roll anyway?? They are such an easy go-to staple for both sweet and savory dishes.
Since nobody feels much like cooking the day after “the big feast”, these are simple so you aren’t going to have to spend much time in the kitchen.
Thanks to Pillsbury for sponsoring this recipe and I actually used Pillsbury Grands Crescents® for this one because… well, bigger. You could also use their regular sized crescent rolls if you’d like, and they would make great little appetizers for the big game, whatever game that may be.
Basically I laid out the crescent dough on the pan, spread each with a little “schmear” of cranberry sauce topped with a spoonful or so of stuffing followed by a few pieces of leftover turkey. I also added 1/3 a slice of Swiss cheese to each (not pictured) but that is optional.
You just roll them right up starting at the large end. The first one was the trickiest as I was almost being too careful, but then it was easy once I got into the groove.
Bake and top with a little dollop of cranberry sauce (more for presentation) and these are ready to eat!
They are amazing dipped in a little of your favorite turkey gravy too. 😉
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Crescent Rolls (12 oz)
- 8 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 16 tbsp stuffing
- 4 oz roasted turkey (off the bone) cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 strips of Swiss cheese (cut four slices in half - optional)
- Turkey gravy for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Turn out Crescent dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet - you may have to start with four to make room for the last four)
- Spread 1 tbsp cranberry sauce over each crescent.
- If using, add a strip of Swiss cheese on top of the cranberry sauce on each crescent.
- Spread 2 tsp stuffing over each crescent.
- Evenly distribute a few pieces of turkey onto each crescent.
- Starting with the large end, roll up the each crescent with the small tip ending on top.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving platter or plates.
- If desired, top each crescent with a small dollop of cranberry sauce.
- Turkey gravy makes a great dipping sauce for these - serve on the side if desired.
- For a party snack, you can use the regular sized crescent rolls with smaller filling portions.
Craving a “Thanksgiving meal” all year ’round? Well here’s a little tip. Of course I did not make a full Thanksgiving dinner to post this before the big day!!
I just popped in to Walmart and was able to grab the Pillsbury Grands Crescents®, some cranberry sauce, stuffing and a pack of roasted turkey for this one so these are an easy menu item whenever you’d like. Thanksgiving in July? You got it.
I hope this little Thanksgiving leftover hack was helpful. Since the countdown to the REAL feast is on, you now have one more way to finish off those delicious leftovers! These are a great way to create a few new #warmtraditions for you and the family the day after as well.
Do you have a favorite recipe using Pillsbury Crescents®? They are one of my favorite staples for easy recipe and appetizer ideas so I definitely want to hear all about it!
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.