Happy Friday my friends! I hope you have had a wonderful week and that you have been following along with our fun “Gifts In A Jar” series. There have been so many fun ideas and today I am wrapping things up with this easy Infused Vanilla Sugar which would make a lovely little gift.
If you missed anything this past week, you can catch up on the following: Bacon Bark In A Jar, Personal Favor Coupons In A Jar, Ice Cream Lovers Gift In A Jar and these amazing Mini Root Beer Float Cookies In A Jar.
So about this Vanilla Sugar… with only two ingredients this little gift could not be simpler to make and it’s a perfect gift for anyone that loves baking or just wants to add a little hint of vanilla to their favorite coffee or tea, etc.
Now I don’t know if I am just crazy or super busy (I think it’s a bit of both) but I have been on a cruise this week so I brought this with me to photograph from the ship so… here was my view the day I was taking pictures. A perfect backdrop for Vanilla Infused Sugar, right?
Supplies (affiliate links):
White Sugar (or sugar substitute) – 1 cup per jar on average
I personally prefer Tahitian vanilla beans but there are several varieties to choose from.
- 4 cups white sugar
- 4 vanilla beans
- Place the sugar into the bowl of a food processor.
- Take a sharp paring knife and carefully slice each vanilla bean down the middle lengthwise.
- Scrape the vanilla seeds from the inside of each bean into the sugar (they will clump together).
- Set aside the vanilla beans.
- Process for 15 - 30 seconds until the vanilla is mixed in.
- Serve in jars of your choice and add the remaining vanilla beans into each jar if desired as garnish and to further infuse the vanilla sugar.
- Yields 4 shaker jars of vanilla sugar but servings will vary depending on what size jars you use.
Such a fun gift and it can be used in so many ways! Sprinkling cookies for baking, spooning into coffee, or over fresh fruit. Here is a little label if you think you can use it or just create your own!
You can resize it to fit your own jars or choice. (PS: I didn’t have a color printer on the ship so I used crayons – haha)
I hope you have enjoyed this week’s “Gifts In Jars” series and be sure to check out all of the other posts from today! Happy gifting!
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well.