Truffles are one of my very favorite little desserts to make and the combination of flavors in these Chocolate Cinnamon Truffles is perfect for Valentine’s day or really for any special occasion. Like, for instance, a Tuesday.
I love a little sweetness and spice (and everything nice) and cinnamon is such a warm ingredient so it’s a wonderful go-to ingredient for Winter.
I’ve said it before and I will say it again – making ganache is really easy so do not be intimidated. It makes a fantastic truffle filling or a topping like I use on my peanut butter tarts.
- 12 oz (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp plus 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Line cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In heavy 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once smooth, remove from heat.
- Stir in whipping cream, vanilla and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about an hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Shape into balls - if mixture is too sticky, refrigerate until firm enough to shape.
- Refrigerate the balls again for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tbsp of cinnamon, the baking cocoa and the powdered sugar.
- Roll the truffles in the cocoa and cinnamon mixture and place in individual mini paper muffin cups for serving if desired.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Remove truffles from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
Let me know if you try these out and I’d love to hear about your favorite truffles in the comments below.
You might also like my Chili Chocolate Valentine Truffles
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well.