Breaking news over here at the “ALC Network” as our “dinnertime struggle” trials and tribulations continue but we are making amazing progress on what we are calling the “Picky Eaters 2016 Campaign”. Last night the menu was Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken with wild rice. How did it go??? Our ALC Field Reporter has the story…
Well you are right, it has been a struggle, Claire. According to ONE source (who happens to be 9) the 11 year old was already complaining about dinner on the way home from school tonight.
Their Mom has been laying down the law at dinner time so we sent our crew out to get the story first hand. We had a slow start in the voting but both boys declared the dish a win, and only 50% did not like the sauce. Back to you, Claire.
So it seems like our Picky Eaters struggle is on the upswing but there is still a little dissension with the voters. We won’t give up! I will say that this Lemon Garlic Chicken was delicious and it practically makes itself, it’s so easy.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lb)
- Juice and grated zest (peel) from 1 large lemon (about 1/4 cup juice and 1 teaspoon peel)
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped garlic (I used jarred mince garlic)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken thighs in slow cooker; sprinkle with grated lemon zest, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
- Pour chicken stock over chicken.
- Cover; cook on HIGH heat setting 3.5 to 4 hours or LOW for 4.5 to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken leaving the juices in the slow cooker.
- Place on plate, and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the cornstarch, lemon juice and cream until well blended.
- Stir into the chicken liquid in cooker.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken with sauce over rice or cous cous.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
If you are looking for more slow cooker recipes you might also enjoy:
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well.