In keeping with our “Summer In Jars” theme this week here is a bonus post! This Salted Caramel Cafe Mocha Smoothie is sure to start a hot summer day off on the right foot.
I’m not going to lie – mornings around here can be a little rough. I tend to work crazy hours and just having a little “me time” to wake up and get organized for the day ahead can be a little challenging, especially while we are trying to make sure our boys are out the door for their various summer camps and activities.
I definitely don’t have time to run to a coffee shop for a specialty beverage – not to mention dropping $4.00 or $5.00 on that every day is not an option. It’s also not needed when I can quickly whip together a delicious protein-packed treat at home.
Over the years my tastes have changed as well. While I used to like my coffee a bit sweeter, now I want just a little splash of my favorite creamer. Sadly, finding a flavored creamer that isn’t filled with all sorts of random additives isn’t so easy.
Simply Pure creamers have only five simple ingredients including real milk, cream and sugar so I have one less thing to worry about when adding a splash to my cup of coffee each day. You can find a store near you HERE.
And for days when I want an extra special treat, or breakfast on the go, this Salted Caramel Cafe Mocha Smoothie does just the trick.
- ½ cup Strong Coffee, cooled
- ¾ cup Simply Pure Caramel Flavored Creamer
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Protein Powder or Milk Chocolate breakfast powder
- ¼ cup Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 cup Low-Fat Frozen Vanilla Yogurt
- 1½ cups Ice Cubes
- ¼ cup Sweetened Whipped Cream (optional)
- 2 tsp Caramel Sauce
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- To a blender, add the coffee, milk, chocolate protein powder and milk.
- Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add the frozen yogurt and ice cubes and blend again until the ice is completely fine and the mixture is smooth.
- Top with a little whipped cream, drizzled caramel and a sprinkling of sea salt.
- Tip: Use an ice cube to cool down hot coffee if you haven't had time to chill in advance
Is coffee part of your morning routine? I’d love to hear your tips and tricks to making your mornings a little less stress free.
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well. I’d love for you to follow along!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.