“Summertime, and the livin’ is easy… ”
I love that song, but Summertime is not always “easy” around here. If any of you are familiar with what I like to call the “Summer Scramble” raise your hand.
While there are certainly relaxing days, some weeks it seems like a shuffle to get everyone where they need to be and to coordinate schedules and so on. Throw in the Summer heat and we all move a wee bit slower around here.
You know I love my coffee and, in the Summer, I like it iced for a little pick-me-up. Some days I like to get a little decadent and make this Vietnamese style iced coffee because, yes. All kinds of delicious.
Using International Delight Iced Coffee is the perfect base to create a ton of chilled coffee creations for these hot Summer days and first I start by creating a strong iced coffee concentrate.
Making the iced coffee concentrate is easy and I’ve found it lasts for well over a week when tightly sealed in the fridge. Once you’ve made the concentrate, you can take it from there and add in your favorite International Delight Iced Coffee, a little caramel or maybe a little cinnamon or whipped cream.
For this delicious Vietnamese style version, simply add 2-3 spoonfuls of sweetened condensed milk to some of the coffee concentrate and International Delight Vanilla Iced Coffee. Stir it up and enjoy. Cute straws help too. 😉
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cups ground coffee
- 1/3 cup coffee concentrate
- 2/3 cup International Delight Vanilla Iced Coffee
- 2-3 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- Pour grounds into a bowl.
- Add 1 cup cold water and stir gently.
- Slowly add remaining 1 1/2 cups cold water, agitating the grounds as little as possible.
- Cover, steep at room temperature for 12 hours or overnight.
- Strain the coffee grounds through a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Store concentrate in refrigerator up to one week.
- Over ice, add 1/3 cup (1 part) coffee concentrate to 2/3 cup (2 parts) Vanilla Iced Coffee.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir gently and serve.
While I may not be able to do anything about the hectic Summer schedules, I hope this recipe will help you stay a little bit cooler this Summer!
Claire is a wife and busy working Mom to three boys and A Little CLAIREification is a lifestyle blog committed to bringing readers “Bright Ideas On A Budget” – from recipes, crafts and DIY projects to time management tips, meal planning and inspiration.
A self proclaimed CHEESE addict and lover of Sharpie markers in every color known to man, Claire also likes to throw a little fun and laughter in the mix as well. I’d love for you to follow along!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.