This post brought to you by BB&T. The content and opinions expressed below are that of A Little Claireification.
This should maybe be titled “that time we met Dr. Who” but more on that in a bit. First, it’s really hard to believe that it’s already mid-December. It seems like it was just April.
This fall has been pretty busy over here at ALC. The Oldest is in his senior year of college (!!) and Littlest and Middlest are almost 10 and 13. I can’t believe it.
This guy… almost a teenager??
Recently in my blog wanderings I came across some busy Mom’s post and she mentioned changing diapers and I remember immediately thinking “Thank God I don’t have to deal with diapers any more!”
But then I stopped and realized that I don’t really know where the years have gone. ::sigh:: The next diapers I change will most likely be my grandchildren’s diapers someday, God willing. That all seems so far away yet, at the rate time is flying by…. yikes! The boys are really into Dr. Who right now and, as a Mom, I definitely wish I had a TARDIS some days (that’s a time machine for non Dr. Who viewers)!
Since life and work is always so busy, I’m trying to make sure to be present in each and every moment that I can. That means always looking for ways to save time on the things we don’t necessarily want to do, but that must get done. Like paying bills, managing finances, and all of that not-so-fun stuff.
I’ve spent a little time exploring the U by BB&T online banking platform to see how Mr. Claire and I could customize it to ensure we are always on the same page with our budget and spending (note: for privacy purposes these are example images and not tied to our accounts).
First of all, since we are both on the go so much with the boys, it is a powerful tool for us to keep everything straight right from our smart phones. The U by BB&T app offers so much more than the ordinary online banking and the fact that it is a bank-backed, secure platform makes us feel much safer than just using a budgeting program outside the banking industry. With U by BB&T:
- You can customize your banking dashboard to view the features and tools that matter to OUR family which is different than other seemingly similar apps
- View our other accounts outside of BB&T so we can see all of your accounts in one place.
- Send and receive money from friends and family by using emails or mobile numbers (a game changer for birthdays and holidays!!)
- We can track our budget with graphs and charts we can actually understand.
- Use budgeting tools to see where our money is going and also set savings goals around how much we want to save and spend each month
- We are able to store our receipts (by uploading pictures of them or having them emailed from the merchant to your account.) As a business owner this is HUGE for me at tax time.
- Deposit checks from our phones. Who has time to go to the bank?
Annnnd when you happen to be at a comic conference (or a “Comic Con” as the cool kids call them) and your kids beg to meet Dr. Who and Rose Tyler in person, a quick check of our entertainment spending budget helps quickly make that dream a reality.
It was a parenting win for sure and, just for a moment, we felt like super heroes. No TARDIS needed. Learn more about U here. I know the rest of the holiday season will fly by so try and make sure to enjoy every moment!